My cousin and I did Eugene to SF a few years ago.  Eugene is nice because
you can take the amtrak there with your bike to start the tour.  We bought
the Adventure Cycling Maps.  $30 well spent.  The maps provide a number of
quiet side roads that keep you off the freeway as much as possible, and
they also include detailed information about bike shops, food, and
hiker/biker camps along the way.  Here is the link:

https://www.adventurecycling.org/cyclosource-store/route-maps/?p:current=7

You may need Pacific Coast #2 and #3.  I may be able to dig around and find
my old maps, but mine may be out of date.

-Andrew