Thanks all for the info. I believe this is actually an Alex DM24, not a
DM18.

I am going to try to find a local wheel builder that can take this wheel
apart and rebuild it with a Shimano dynamo - that way I don't have another
set of wheels (or a spart front wheel) lying around as Josh mentions.  I
cleaned up the wheel and there is some discoloration/oxidation around some
of the spoke holes - doesn't look like a real crack.

Anybody know of a wheel builder in Southern California (LA/OC)?  Golden
Saddle closed.

Thank you.