I have a pair of Paul Racer centre-mount brakes, bought quite a few years
ago, that I finally got around to fitting to a bike. However, although the
two boxes the brakes came in are clearly marked as being one front and one
rear, both brakes have the long bolt needed for mounting on the fork.
Rather than faff around trying to get the correct bolt off the supplier, I
was either going to cut down the existing bolt once I know what length is
needed, or try for the correct bolt at a local hardware store that
specializes in nuts and bolts. Does anyone know what length of bolt I need
for fitting to the seatstay bridge (recessed allen-head fitting on the
bridge)?

Nick Payne