What Ted says, exactly. I began “serious” biking over 50 years ago on a
road bike with drop bars and never looked back. That’s not to say that
there isn’t merit to other kinds of bars and more upright riding positions,
but the “drop” road bar offers those various hand positions. Once you adapt
to them it’s hard to go back.

Ad