> On Apr 22, 2024, at 8:26 PM, Leah Peterson <jonasandle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tony, I swooned. Actually swooned. Gorgeous, gorgeous.

It’s even better in person.

> But it was the best ride. Did we have wind? Yes. But somehow it was great and
> energizing and we just killed it. I had done an intense upper body lifting
> session this morning and still it was great and not draining!

Nice. Double sessions. 👍

> There were men I don’t know on the ride tonight, so of course I got comments.
> One of them said, “I hope you never get a road bike.”

The old back handed compliment. Well, you might pick up a little speed if
you’re at the front of the peloton going into the wind, but in the pack or
downwind I suspect you’ll find you’re riding the same speed at about the same
effort. I’m looking forward to the ride report where you say you felt good at
the front of the pack, kept your head down, set the internal metronome, and
ticked away the miles, and when you sat up you realized there was nobody behind
you.

Ted Durant
Milwaukee, WI USA