Wow, I show up late and there are ten thousand replies already which is too
many to read through now

My initial thought is that going from the racing platy's very upright
position all the way to a drop bar road bike is a huge jump. I have to say,
drop bars are truly the best in headwinds, but getting a sweep bar setup
that allows you to get low and stretch out reaching the forward 'hooks' can
be a great compromise between those situations and lower-effort riding.

If it were me, I'd swap the Rasplaty's bar and stem to the longest of the
new 90-190 stems and a Choco bar; I'd then set up the controls so that you
can slide your hands all the way to the front curves without having stuff
in the way (bar end shifters are great for this!) and wrap this area in
Newbaums.  Then I'd slam the stem down as low as you can get away with -
bars nearly at saddle level, probably.

I don't know if this exact thing has already been said, nor what reaction
may already have been provided, so apologies if I'm being an echo!  Pocket
Platy might actually be short enough you can run drop bars on it, but you'd
need a very short stem to pull it off - the Nitto / Crust 'BJ' stem should
do the trick; it's what I used to get my Bombadil set up with drops at an
appropriate reach for me and has that classic Nitto finish and quality.