Hi. I've been searching for a blue homer in 54.5 for my wife and in my ISO
post I was linked to this facebook listing:

" @Brenton -
If you go FACEBOOK Rivendell Bicycle BUY/SELL/TRADE, there is a blue Homer
under the owner's name of
*Payton Beargrr*
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/3127504017358010/user/33810597/?__cft__[0]=AZWM_HUDwICO-DZxRDgeH6PKEH27Q60_rtRW56T14XolOXVDtbhiBhqSs5IRAf2tQDooAhYlS1GgrtEsUMVFG9ZrTDTGQLgc2dwfiW-pCa6kFgLsLZXBqq6yep7jrikH2XvXt0mesTqEacdgnkqciYIV4VxMZbmA-_JjOgp9P2iC9Yu-ioEmc_h01k1sYLT7-4XapFpB_ZNlHwVe_6xRHXgq&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R>

Very near mint condition A. Homer Hilsen, 54.5cm with 650b wheels. Unsure
of year but it's likely 4 or less years old. Taiwanese made frame. I am not
the original owner but this appears to be a Rivendell build.
-Nitto handlebars, stem, and seat post
-Brooks saddle
-Paul racer brakes, Paul canti levers
-Paul thumbie mounts with Microshift shifters
-Riv Silver double crankset
-IRD front derailleur
-Shimano Alivio rear derailleur
-MKS Grip Monarch pedals
-mismatched Shimano hubs, no name rims
-Soma Cazadero 650 x 42b
-Sackville bag
The only imperfections are the two small paint chips on the top tube, noted
in the pictures.
$2500 + shipping.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Kim Hetzel."

Other people seem to also be looking at this bike. Robert Carlton said
owner confirmed it's a 58. The facebook post has some comments and the
owner says the bike is in *Fargo ND.*

I've been texting with someone (who says the bike is in *LA*) and he wants
a $400 deposit to sell it to me for $1300 (complete bike, insane price).
The whole thing is odd. They can't send me a pic with measure tape to prove
a claim of *69cm standover*. It sure doesn't look like a 54.5 based on
every other Riv stack I've seen and studied. Our messages have been super
cryptic.

I just *HOPE* anyone else looking for a blue homer in 58 or 54.5 doesn't
fall for a scam. Posting here amongst people I trust, admire, and have
become friends with. My Roadini frame and dozens of parts on both my Rivs
have been purchased from this group. I don't want to stir up any drama if
this is in fact a legit sale, but the listing is from Jan 2023, 16 months
old, this bike at any price under $2000 should be long gone on it's way to
a new owner. PS. I'm not sending a deposit.