Until I started getting customs made I always chose the Tubus Fly (it comes
in ss and titanium as well as in black powdercoat) because (1) it is rated
for 20 kg, (2) is it minimalist and very light (sub 15 grams, about the
weight of the chromo Matthews custom on the RBFD), and it fits frames
without  chainstay braze ons (uses a bracket that bolts to the brake pivot
bolt or to a bolt through the b-p-b hole in the brake bridge).

I've carried many 40 lb loads and up to ~50 lb on many Fys on flexy 531 and
alum frames with no problems, tho' short shopping trips and not global
tours on bad dirt roads. For that I'd choose the Tubus Cargo Evo rack,
which I also once used, only for my purposes it was grossly overbuilt.
Rated to 26 kg but *tested* to 40 kg -- I'll let others parse the
difference. Or perhas the Cargo Classic? I think Tubus have down-rated
their racks by a few kg since I last bought one.

The Ultima Thule and Ne Plus Ultra and entirely Sic Itur Ad Astra rack of
all of them bar none at all is the Tubus Airy that is made of shiny
titanium, weighs 360 grams, and is mfr rated to 26 kg; I think the
*deustche* means, "tested to 30 kg."

   - 26 kg | 57.3 lbs (getestet mit 30 kg*)
   <https://www.tubus.com/en/company#c424>

$375 on everyone's favorite, vendor-squeezing, discount retail platform.

If my "road bike for errands" were 700C I'd be sorely tempted, but in fact
it uses 559 wheels and sports a stainless steel Fly shortened by a frame
builder.

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing
services

*When thou didst not, savage, k**now thine own meaning,*

*But wouldst gabble like a** thing most brutish,*

*I endowed thy purposes w**ith words that made them known.*