I used to when going to college "back in the day."  Would wear out
jeans in about 3 months.  Plus have some scars to remember that time.
So, for a short (sub 5 mile) ride, maybe.  For my commute, nope.
Maybe not looking like a total bike geek, but will never be confused
for a "Fred".

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN