I was in a similar situation to you not long ago. I had a heavily
Rivendell-influenced Fuji touring and a Kona Smoke. Last summer I was able
to stop by Rivendell and ride a Clem and an Appaloosa. I loved them both
about the same, except that I'm not crazy about the look of the step-thru
Clem. I get that it's super practical, but I wanted something I would also
love to look at. I lock up my bike in the city a decent amount, so it
couldn't be too flashy. I had some unexpected money, but not very much, so
the Appaloosa was out of range. I started paying close attention to the
used market, came across a Clem H in my size and purchased it in March. I
LOVE it!

Without the unexpected money, I definitely would have kept enjoying the
bikes I already had, but the Clem leveled-up my bicycle riding joy and so
far it's made me spend more time riding.

 - Bruce