On Saturday 25 May 2024 at 2:31:29 am UTC+10 nca...@gmail.com wrote:

then folks decided *wireless* groupsets had to be a thing (first released
only 4 years after the first iPad).

Long before that. Mavic Mektronic pre-dated the iPad by at least a decade,
and its predecessor (Mavic Zap, which was wired, not wireless) by almost
two decades.

I've been using SRAM eTap for almost a decade, with zero problems. I
presently have it on three bikes - two with the original 11-speed Red eTap,
and one with 12-speed, a mixture of Force shifters/brakes and Rival
derailleurs.

Nick Payne