I don't have a lot of experience with what you've outlined and asked about
(those specific dimensions), however, I'll share my experience with my
Salsa Fargo, as in the end it brought me here!

It came mounted with 29x2.2".  From the first test ride I knew it was for
me, as a drop bar mtb / monster cross bike for local mixed surface trails.
 When winter came I wanted to use it with narrower tires, minimal tread, as
it would only be ridden on the road.  I swapped the tires with 43mm GKSS.
 I didn't like the way it handled.  I'm assuming it affected the trail?  In
any case, it wasn't that stable ride I enjoyed.

What brought me here, to this forum and wanting a Roadini - I needed a bike
for those tires!  And it worked out great...the 43mm GKSS are perfect on
the Roadini.