Gordon, what size Clem? I think the seatpost is 26.8, not 29.8. I’ve made typos too - no biggie.
Velomine has decent wheelsets for cheap. Mine are still straight & smooth (cliffhanger on Deore hubs) after almost 8,000 miles. I have an extra 26.8 Kalloy if your bike does not have one.
Prior to getting my complete Clem I was considering a frame only / budget build. I actually was making plans to strip my old Trek MTB of its Shimano LX 3x7(9?) drivetrain & v brakes to get the Clem up & running for real cheap. Bikes like my old Trek can be found dirt cheap. Perhaps you could find something similar to steal parts from?
Sent from my iPhone