I was so excited about this bike when it was initially in the planning
stages about 2 years ago. I was psyched about a true Rivendell singlespeed
that would take wide-ish tires and have that smooth geometry. Was in
communication with Will and Grant, got confirmation of 650b, 120 rear
spacing, cantilever posts... Started buying parts (Surly hubs, Velocity
rims, Paul Mini-motos and levers...)

Then things started getting weird. Derailleur hanger (Not my ideal but I
could live with it) Single downtube shifter boss (I love DT shifters, but
not on a singlespeed.) But they finally lost me at "Long-reach sidepull." I
truly don't understand the thinking in that decision; it feels like a cost
and/or labor saving decision and it really disappointed me.

I hope for Riv's sake that I'm wrong, but it feels like a bike designed for
an audience of about 10 people.

So no, I was all in, but no longer.

Mike M