Last Saturday I rode the SCR 200k that rides up to Half Moon Bay and back
to Santa Cruz, including some miles through San Gregorio/Stage Rd.,
Pescadero/Haskins Hill etc.

I think the best part of the ride was that 8 of the 9 riders stuck together
throughout the ride and finished the ride together.  This made it a great
opportunity to ride with friends and make several new friends.

One of the riders, Jim, rode one of the early Riv road bikes (color red)
and I was riding my red Roadeo, so we had a good presence there.  (Many
would argue that our red bikes are not as fast as orange ones, but
nevertheless...)

The morning started out foggy on the coast, and unlike the previous ride a
few weeks earlier, I neglected to wipe my lenses with the anti-fog wipes,
which were effective the previous ride; so unfortunately, I had to
windshield wiper my lenses with my fingers throughout my jaunt up the coast.

One of my ride mates, Ioannis, didn't know about these anti-fog wipes, and
they work quite well.  They became especially popular during COVID times
when masks would cause glasses to fog up, and these wipes helped prevent
that.

Although the temperatures got into the 90s inland, by the coast, it was
extremely pleasant, especially after the fog burned off mid-morning.  We
stopped by a bakery in Half Moon Bay, where it was nice and sunny, and I
ate a delicious ham and cheese croissant as well as a chocolate croissant,
although in this case, the savory one hit the spot better.  As I mentioned
previously, I am seriously considering PBP 2027, and feel confident that
savory croissants can fuel my ride very well.  I'll have to see how I feel
about that after riding 300 miles, but I remain hopeful.

Usually one of the best parts of the day is when we ride down the coast
back to Santa Cruz with a tailwind, and we were not disappointed on our
return down the beautiful coast.  A couple spots had some lingering fog
that added to the coastal scenery with rugged beaches to the right and some
beautiful meadows on our left.

I'm thinking that either I should have easier access to my phone, or I
should bring my camera along, especially on the 200k so I can document the
beautiful views as I ride.

The 200k is always an enjoyable ride distance because you usually get to
end in the daylight and have an opportunity to enjoy a nice dinner
afterwards.  Many of us ate some good Mexican food after the ride, and
despite a little traffic getting out of Santa Cruz, we took our time and
enjoyed the rest of the evening.

I definitely want to give thanks to my fellow riders, whose company made
the day go by smoothly and delightfully.

Toshi in Oakland, CA