I agree on this. I love single speeds, and the 3x1 flexibility looks fun,
and the 61.5m profile looks just right for me, but those long reach brakes
are a deal breaker for me. I've built bikes with them in the past, and
their stopping power in the wet is inadequate for me. Maybe the Riv guys
never ride across a section of wet grass and then need to stop for a road
crossing, but I have, and had some scares with these brakes.

Eric
in Plain City, OH, wondering how they use those brakes in hills