First, check chainline.

Doesn't the Gus have typical long Rivendell stays? This should structurally
minimize the chance of such chain rub, so perhaps your spindle is too short
for proper chainline. Does Riv spec a spindle length for that frame and a
1X11?

OTOH, if the chainline is correct but you still need to add another couple
of mm to the drive side spindle for the chain to clear the tire, perhaps
adding a 1 or 2 mm spacer behind the DS cup will fix things, chainline be
damned.

IMO chain clearance is more important than a perfect line. To paraphrase
what Grant said years and years ago when someone fretted that slighly
imperfect chainline might accelerate chain and sprocket wear, "If you are
riding enough to replace chains and cogs more frequently than you think you
should, then you are lucky to be riding so much." And modern chains do
tolerate a lot of deflection without greatly affecting performance or wear.