Hi y’all! You may recognize me from some of the many for sale posts I’ve
responded to/things I’ve purchased from this list! This is my first post,
though.

Up until about a year ago, I didn’t actually own a Rivendell - I did set up
a few ‘90’s mtb’s with albatross bars, but albatross bars does not a
Rivendell make.

I had my heart set on an Atlantis, but never had the budget to make it
happen. A few came and went on this list, and eBay, but none ended up
working out for me. Then, I test rode an early Toyo Atlantis at Golden
Pliers in Portland, OR in 2021, but the tire clearance was just not enough
for me. Fast forward to almost 3 years later, August 2023 -  I’m scrolling
on instagram, I see a post from Golden Pliers. A 2018 Atlantis frameset. In
my size. Someone had bought it and never built up, and was selling it
through the shop.

I didn’t even wait a day - the next morning, I called and paid for it over
the phone.

I fretted a for a while about the long chain stays and their aesthetics,
and then just decided to get over it.

It’s taken me about 6 stem swaps, 3 bars, some months (almost a year, as I
look at the calendar) to get it where I want it, and it’s still not
perfectly there! (I’m sure many people from the “Your Riv’s Next
Upgrades/Parts Swaps” thread can relate).

Jaden, in Monsoon season in az