I'd recommend at least 20" Voile straps. metal or nylon buckle, they both
are great. The nice thing about Voile straps over woven straps or bungees
is that slight bit of stretch that they have. It's not too much (like a
bungee), but just the right amount to get a tight grip and lock into the
tab on the buckle. I never feel like a Voile strap will lose its grip once
tightened down, and I've never had them mar any surfaces.

Brian
Lex KY