The FSA unit Rivendell uses is still an excellent value:  Headset - FSA
Silver 1 inch, threaded – Rivendell Bicycle Works (rivbike.com)
<https://www.rivbike.com/products/headset-fsa-duron-x-silver-1-threaded>
If I had a time machine I would go back and get a lot more Shimano Ultegra
headsets when they were $50 retail.  Lots of vintage builds require a
shorter stack height than the Cane Creek or FSA.

BL in EC