Bill:

Did you notice any closed campgrounds on Hwy 1?  I came down in late
April & a couple of the campgrounds were closed as Cal Trans was using
them during construction & repair work.  They try to get the work done
by Memorial Day.

This is one of my favorite rides.  It's as beautiful as any coast I've
seen, quite accessible and plenty of services.  It's a perfect bicycle
tour because you can see so much more from the bike and it's easy to
pull off for photos & vistas.

dougP