I installed them on my Atlantis a couple of years ago.  The stock
Shimano low profile ones that came from Riv never seemed very
powerful, especially with a load.  The Tektros were an inexpensive
experiment & it's worked out.  They are somewhat more powerful than
the stock brakes but more importantly have better modulation.  On dirt
with 35 mm touring tires the brakes are wonderful, no inadvertant
locking up or other bad habits.  I played around a lot with straddle
wire lengths trying to maximize power & must be the least sensitive
guy around.  I just couldn't tell much difference in straddle wire
heights.  They seemed to work pretty good regardless of where I put
it.

dougP