Dave-

Wow, it's a small world. Glad you saw us and that Deb waved, and sorry I didn't hear you. We were pretty wilted by the heat at that point.

You're going to love your Roadeo. It's the best road bike I've had in my 30+ years of riding.

Doug

On 7/12/10 1:36 PM, nawr...@comcast.net wrote:

I was stopped at a red light as you two were crossing Shields on Harmony. You must have just descended from the reservoir. I am the guy who yelled out the window of his car "Nice bikes!" I think your wife heard me because she waved but you were busy battling the heat. That was a scorcher day.

Great to see the pix of the roads I ride posted on the list. I love the waterfall at the treatment plant in Loveland and doing the whole loop in that valley. The store in Masonville is nice too. Cant wait to get my Rodeo!

Dave Nawrocki

Fort Collins, CO

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Douglas Way" <d...@mines.edu>
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 7:40:10 AM
Subject: [RBW] Deb's Roadeo and Boulder to Ft. Collins ride report

Hi-

Briefly delurking here to post some pictures of our version of a S36O, a
weekend bike trip from Boulder, CO to Ft. Collins, CO and back from a
few weeks ago.  The distance was about 60 miles each way.  The only
mistake we made was picking the hottest day of the year to ride the
first leg of the trip.  Oh well, both Deb and I survived.  The group may
be interested in the pictures of Debbie's 53 cm Roadeo, expertly
assembled by Jay and Mark at Riv.  Deb's Roadeo is unusual in that it
sports Albatross bars.  Other than that, the build is pretty standard:
Sugino XD crank, Campy triple FD, Dura Ace 9 speed RD, DA bar end
shifters, Tektro big-mouth brakes, Paul brake levers, and Brooks Finesse
saddle.  Also, we love the Grand Bois 700C x 26 mm tires.

Pics are here on Flickr:

http://tinyurl.com/2davafh

Since we weren't camping, we didn't need much in the way of gear and a
saddle bag each worked well for both of us.  I used a Carradice Jr. and
Deb mounted her Hobo bag as a seat bag.  I also had Deb's tweed tube bag
on my handlebars.  Worked great!  You can see I'm a total failure as a
bag matcher...

Doug Way
Boulder, CO

J. Douglas Way, Professor
Chemical Engineering Dept., Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street, Golden, CO  80401-7887  USA
Phone: 303-273-3519  Fax:  303-273-3730  Email:  d...@mines.edu
http://chemeng.mines.edu/faculty/dway/