Ryan,

The RUSA groups around here adhere to the minimum requirements of
climbing.  So that usually leaves me out.  Can do the climbing.  Just
doing the entire ride in the time limit would be the issue.

As to the disc brakes.  An entirely different feel.  Both work well.
But the advantage of the discs is no problem if the wheel is out of
true.  The cantilevers on my Hillborne are set somewhat close for a
firmer feel.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN