Your Bilenkey is beautiful!

I don't think R. will be coming out with one soon.  A huge amount of
development cost in the lugs if nothing else.

The big names in the tandem industry (C-M & Santana) have one big problem in
that they don't fit large (>32mm) tires.  IMHO, that's the minimum size a
tandem should have, not where it maxes out at!  Of course I salivate at the
idea of a tandem built around 700C Big Apples!!!