I think they are worth it.  Phils are a bit pricey (esp the cassette
hub) but are very well done.

On my road bikes I'm also in the "haven't touched the Phil hubs (or
BB) in over 10 years" camp.

I raced a Rivendell Cyclocross bike for four years, I replaced one non-
driveside rear bearing towards the end of that time frame.  Those
wheels have an additional seven years of service on a
Rambouillet...with no additional maintenance.  I think that is pretty
good!

Same story on a MTB, rear Phil hub, one non-drive side bearing in over
10 years.  The Shimano hubs I was using prior would last 1-3 years,
drive side seals were not good, broke internal parts etc...

Angus