Agree with the others, good mini-pump is better than CO2 for longer
trips.

Fortunately I have not had to use it, but I pack this spoke repair
device called FiberFix:

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fiberfix.htm

Peter White sells them.  I trust he would not if he did not think it a
good temporary solution.  On the Pacific Trail you will not be more
than a few hours from a bike store.  This should help you limp to
maintenance.