Depending on the type of tour, my Atlantis usually gets loaded up with
20 to 35 lbs of stuff.  Last summer I met a college age young man on a
ferry from Victoria, BC, to Port Angeles who was starting a tour with
a giant messenger bag that he said weighed 31 lbs, and by the size of
it I didn't doubt it.  He was riding a MCRB so of course no way to
carry anything.  A uni-cycle would impose similar luggage
constraints.  I guess some sort of hiking backpacking system may
work.  The guy must have figured out something to rack up multiple
100k days.  And I always thought of cycling as minimalist.

dougP