I've got a couple of old Atlantis info sheets & both list "max tire
size" at 2.1" for the 26" wheeled (excepting the 47 cm frame @ 1.7")
and 52 mm for the 700 wheels.  I also recall Riv generally says the
Atlantis handles anything up to 2" wide.

Don't forget that the rim width affects the inflated tire width.  On
Mavic A 719s (don't recall width but they're wide) my 35 mm Schwalbe
Marathon Supremes measure 35 mm.  Others have mentioned that Schwalbes
tend to run narrower than the nominal width.  So the same tire on a
narrower rim may not be 35 mm.

dougP