On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 7:00 PM, EricP <ericpl...@aol.com> wrote:

> And I say the big one rides well.  Test rode it a week or so ago.  Was
> a cool ride.  Too big for me as currently set up.  (Maybe with a 7 or
> 8cm stem.)
>
> Damned odd. I've owned 3 Riv customs (still have 3) and all, especially the
last two, are wonderful in fit and handling; they are truly benchmarks. The
SH is not. Loaded, unloaded, front loaded, rear loaded, it just doesn't come
close to the customs. My 1973 Motobecane handles better load and rear loaded
despite its flexy 531 frame. My Monocog handles, at least, with less wheel
floppiness unladen, and this with 60 mm tires at 16/20.

The SH isn't as 'twere actively bad, but it's no better, for me and in my
own personal experience -- note the qualifications! -- than average. Very
strange.

Anyone want to buy a loaded, low miles SH, 56, Waterford, cantis?

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM