I think the recommended rack for cantilever brakes is the Mini-Front which
is very like the Mark's except for the stays and other attachments. I've got
the Mini-Front and CR720 on my QB.

>From Riv...

Mark's:
Our own Mark Abele came up with this design, and Nitto executed it
perfectly. Basically, we wanted a rack that could be used on the front of a
*bike with sidepull brakes*

Mini-Front:
When *your bike has cantilevers or V-brakes* and you just need a smallish
rack up there for a bag or basket or stuff-sack, this is the best choice.
Even Mark, of Mark's
Rack<http://www.rivbike.com/products/list/bags_and_racks?a=1&page=all#product=20-108>fame,
uses it on his bike with cantilever brakes.

The stays are bent on the Mini-Front to work around the cantis:

http://www.rivbike.com/images/products/full/0000/0871/20-020-1.jpg

And not on the Mark's

http://www.rivbike.com/images/products/full/0000/0874/20-108-2.jpg

Though it does look like the stays on the Mark's are separate pieces, unlike
the mini-front, so perhaps longer ones could be used to bend around the
cantis.

Other than that, no clue.

Aloha.

Bob

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When installing some CR720's today on the Bombadil, I found out they
> conflict big time with a Marks front rack, mounted at the braze-ons
> below the canti bosses.  This is not good. When installed, the brakes
> cannot open to get the tire out, they hit the struts of the Nitto. Is
> this a secret that I was not aware of?
>
> What to do?  I don't know.

Robert Harrison
rfharri...@gmail.com