My AR definition requires:

clearance for 2 inch knobbies (+/- 0.1 inch)
a multi-position handlebar
a mountain triple crankset

My definition prior to 2001 required 26" wheels as well. Since 2001 and owning
a 700C Atlantis and a good supply of 2" tires in 700C becoming available, the
26" wheel requirement was dropped from my definition. But from time-to-time,
the desire for a 26" wheel AR creeps back. I'm tempted by the 26" LHT and by
the Co-Motion Pangea. Surly should sell the 26" LHT with couplers. I wouldn't
be able to resist.

-Jim W.