insulting you for being an inept mechanic and having to struggle with
it and cursing yourself for buying and Riv for selling such a thing.

No insult intended. For the record, I failed, Spencer succeeded, but
even he, who volunteers at a bike soup kitchen in the city and has
tons of experience with this style of post, had a struggle with it. I
was only preemptively preventing self-flagellation upon failure...or a
struggle.
James V bought one. James, let's hear how you do with it, OK.
Seriously time yourself. You'll need the slip-jaw wrench, a 13 open
end (or maybe 14---well, get one that has one on each end), strong
fingers, a chalk bag, and a sweat band.