Those bars look great! And while you may have issues with the tape job
I think the bars are not the kind of bars that demand a perfectly
symmetrical or perfectly regular grip appearance. In fact, the bars
seem to want worn-out tape with loose threads or some well-broken-in-
and-faded leather! (Though I wouldn't recommend using leather tape
there if you'll want to get it perfect. A couple of "re-do" wraps with
leather tape can get costly fast!)

Do you think you'll keep them at 66cm? I'm not a small guy and that
sounds wide even for me. Don't get me wrong, I like wide bars. I
switched from 54cm albatross bars to 56cm because the 54cm bars felt
too narrow. But man 66cm sounds verily wide!

I'm getting some bullmoose bars soon. Of course I'll try them wide.
And I'll probably love it; they'll make a change from any other bar
I've ever ridden, that's for sure.

Oh, and I have experienced the wrap-back phenomenon with the Newbaum's
as well. I've also had the backing come away from the tape
incompletely. For me neither problem was major, though my relative
lack of perfectionism may color that judgment. I think it's the best
looking, best feeling tape I've ever had or seen. So for my money it's
worth the slight trouble. I hope RBW continues to carry it. I love the
colors, too.

Enjoy wheeling that rig around!

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean