Michael,

The tape is cloth tape, silver, with three or four coats of garnet
shellac applied over a year ago. It is getting a nice patina now.

The HB bag felt different for about the first 10 minutes.  Now I don't
even notice.  I used the VO bag mounted to the front rack for quite a
while.  That also felt different at first but I couldn't access the
pockets and fastening the latch was awkward. That was due to the way I
mounted it.  The decalleur would have been better but I would have to
take to much of the bike apart.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrebb/4918208604/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrebb/4917605573/

I love the magnet closure on the Sackville bag and the side pockets
are easy to access, being handle bar level,  Last century I used a
Kirtland mounted high and have never noticed negative handling
characteristics.  I'd say the handed is fine.

Tomatos ride in the saddle bag and are packed pretty tightly with the
onions and peppers and a bunch of other stuff. They survive the ride
with a nice tomato flavor.

Regards,
 Ray