Bruce
    Hadn't considered the possibility of a longer replacement bolt.
Suspect that info will come in handy. Thanks, and keep us posted on
how it holds up.

 Mike and Steve:
      My guess is that some anatomies benefit from Selle Anatomicas
more than others. In my experience the additional saddle flexibility
isn't as much a benefit for the sit bones as it is for the avant garde
of the nether regions. I started out with B17s on my Saluki and
vintage Trek,and my sit bones never complained. But in spite of all
trimming, I found the nose exceedingly uncomfortable and numbing after
30 or so miles, particularly when I was hunched down in the drops.
This doesn't seem to be a problem for everyone, obviously. But the
complaint nose of the SA _ and it's the CUT-OUT that apparently makes
it compliant _ eliminated that issue entirely. I keep my saddle
relatively stiff, so it's not quite a hammock where my butt is
concerned. I have a friend whose SA looks like a sway-backed horse,
but I don't think I could stand to ride mine that a'way.
     I must add that my experience with the build of SA's has been up
and down. I'm a tad under 180, primarily a road rider, and a rider who
"posts" frequently, but have had the metal bend on one, even though it
purported to be a Clydesdale. As Grant might note, it IS steel, and
can be bent back, but it ain't easy, and it shouldn't have been a
problem in the first place. To offset leather sag, lace-ups along the
bottom of the saddle seem almost inevitable (and seem to work fine),
and lace-ups can greatly delay the day of reckoning with the end of
the saddle bolt. Sent one SA back for way premature leather sag, and
the company graciously and quickly replaced it.
      I have wondered if this inconsistency is one of the reasons Riv
quietly stopped selling them. But the saddles that have been good have
been very good, and I'd hate to have to do without them.
       From all I've seen, it would be a big mistake to get any other
than a Clyde, unless you weight less than 150 and promise never to hit
a bump in the road.