I Like the Wippermann chains, though as I said, I run the Sram
Powerlink chains on most of my bikes. I can't imagine anything harder
on drivetrains than racing cyclocross, and in three seasons the
Wippermann chains have done the job without failure. Originally
recommended to me by Charlie Wicker
http://www.trailheadcoffeeroasters.com/
who recently built this
http://bikeportland.org/2010/08/11/portlands-strong-coffee-and-bike-connection-maturesnd-37576
He said he only uses Wippermann chains, and if it's good enough for
Charlie, that's all the recommendation I need.
Though I admit price was also a consideration. The cross bike needs a
10-speed chain - regularly -  and Wippermann chains through
Performance are the best deal I've found. I use the nickle-plated and
they do last longer than Shimano chains.
My main complaint with 10 (or 11!) speed cogs (besides the fact I just
don't need that many gears) is the accelerated wear on the drivetrain
combined with the increased expense of said "consumables." Brilliant
marketing, that. I've got a box of 30 or so 5, 6, and 7 speed
freewheels I've scavenged for free or super cheap and serviced myself
- pretty much a lifetime supply for most of my riding, I figure.
If I had it to do over again, the cyclocross rig would run a 1 X 9
with a single bar-end shifter. Maybe someday, but after three seasons
I just can't seem to kill the 105 brifters; those things are mighty!