>From the dam at Big Bear Lake, the watercourse of the Santa Ana River
is right at 100 miles to the Pacific Ocean, with roughly 6,000' of
elevation loss.  Should be an easy centry, no?

Nice pics, David.  I've noticed the trails up there & noodled it out
on a map once but never given it a go.  I see the trail bike attached;
did you & Jake get dropped off & ride home?

dougP