Bike shops get wheelsets in a neat box, just the right size, with some
cardboard holders for the rims.  Ask your LBS to save one for you
(mine always keeps a couple around for giveaway).  You can go on-line
& get the rates for FedEx ground, UPS & USPS, based on dimensions &
weight.  For wheels, the size will probably be the controlling factor,
not the weight.  The box I have is for 700c & measures 27" x 27" x
6-1/2".

dougP