That's a cool idea. Before I read it, I was going to say go to Marin County and
climb Mt. Tam on one of the dirt roads like Railroad Grade or Old Railroad
Grade (I forget which is which). Old Stage Road is also nice and resting at the
West Point Inn is great. Mt. Tam has very good riding for a big clearance
Rivendell country bike. I love Mt. Tam, and I'll be heading up north on October
1st to go to Rivendell on Oct. 2 and then do a Mt. Tam ride on Sunday Oct. 3.

-Jim W.