on 9/8/10 10:13 AM, Sean Whelan at strummer_...@yahoo.com wrote:

Cyclofiend's last update seems to be from January:
http://ramblings.cyclofiend.com/?p=414

I am really really interested in this bike. Has anyone heard anything new? I
am sure we are talking Mid 2011 now, right?

I would reckon - and this is absolute and pure conjecture - that SOMA
couldn't nail delivery for this year, and probably decided that they'd intro
it at Interbike (industry trade show on the immediate horizon) and go
forward with firm orders for 2011.

It's always been a SOMA project, as far as the distribution was concerned
(and hence a Merry Sales Co issue).   I'd expect that with the economy of
the last couple years, they would want to have it timed for maximum impact
and minimum exposure.  Having a container land in November, when none of
your dealers are buying much is a pretty big risk, as an example.

- Jim

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Gallery updates now appear here - http://cyclofiend.blogspot.com

"Steel's what you want for a messenger bike.  Weight. Big basket up front.
Not cardboard with some crazy aramid shit wrapped around it, weighs about as
much as a sandwich."
-- William Gibson, "Virtual Light"