on my last two week trip with coupled Rambouillet, I did the
reassemble on the lawn in front of my hotel.  That took about 45
minutes and I had stuff strewn all over the lawn.  Lot's of parts,
pads, tools, etc.   This was a typical assembly location.  When the
trip was over, I was offered the use of a conference room inside the
hotel as the location to do the disassemble and packing.  Indoors with
no distractions and a banquet table is my preferred venue.  All was
smooth, quiet and having a place to put tools and lean the bike can
make a subtle difference.