Laughing. The only bike that doesn't have fenders is my race bike.

Okay, seriously, drop bars are a possible direction; but I am also
considering moustache bars (with the world's shortest stem, something
like a Nitto Tech 60) and maybe turning this into an unencumbered sort
of "let's pretend I can go fast" bike. I'm not sure 35's would fit
without fender, unless I can find an older set of single-pivot Dia-
Compes or similar. Those dual-pivot brakes take up a TON of vertical
room.

There is no real rush on this. I am enjoying the All-Rounder, and also
having a good time getting ready for cross season on my -- Warning,
non-Riv content! -- Redline Monocog (yup, singlespeed).

Happy riding --Beth