I bought a "rackaleur" from VO to allow me to use bar bags with my
cross levers on a drop bar.
It works well. If your M bars are on a flat/horizontal stem then
something like that might allow you to get the bag out in front of the
foreward bends that I assume are causing you the trouble.
The rackaleur is on sale at the moment, too.