Something doesn't right about that frame Happyriding. That is not
indicative of how the Bombadil is supposed to ride. Mine doesn't have
such flex. Have you talked to Riv about it?.... if so did they offer
any solutions?

I bought mine second hand. Before I even put it together I knew
something wasn't right. I could not get the rear wheel in the right
dropout, when I finally did it was off center big time. Two frame
builders later, the latter with a digital alignment table, I found out
the front end was 6mm off laterally, and the right chainstay was
brazed 1mm too short. So yes ...... frames an be out of whack. If I
had ridden as it was, I'm sure I'd have been in for a bad ride. I'd
suggest getting the frame checked by someone with a lot of experience
in frame alignment and repair.

I'll add too, the Bomb rear triangle design is very similar to, if not
a knock-off of the well proven Atlantis, except with .1mm thicker
tubing and 1cm. longer stays. I've not heard of Atlantis owners saying
the their frames lack stiffness, but who knows.