Smartwool socks for snowboarding are great; and if it's below 20
degrees, smartwool long underwear under knickers and socks...good to 0
degrees, at which point Goretex overpants on top.

Also a good word for Swrve knickers...they have a very heavy winter
version that is quite nice; and their regular year round ones are
likewise excellent the rest of the time.