I've used Rivendell's original Hobo bag on the front of my Atlantis
with drop bars.  I added a Nitto mini front rack to support it as I
tend to overload things.  It didn't have enough volume and the straps
on the bars kinda got in my way so I now have an Acorn Boxy Rando on
the Nitto.

The chatter about front load vs rear load, and how geometry comes into
play is highly personal and depends I think more on your riding
style.  Personally, my Atlantis handles better with more weight on the
front.  This is completely opposite the conventional wisdom about Rivs
being rear loaders.  There are plenty of photos on the Riv website as
well as Cyclofiend's gallery of Rivs with humungous saddlebags, front
baskets, panniers, etc.  You really have to play around with your
personal loads (commuting, utility, camping, touring, etc.) to see
what works for you.

dougP