Good for you, Brian!

It's fun to ride in the snow. I went down hard on black ice a couple
of winters ago, so decided to invest in Schwalbe Marathon Winters -
the carbide studs work great. They come in 26x1..75, so they'll fit
your Miyata. Don't need them too often around here, but when you need
them, you really need them. Might use them a fair amount this
winter . . .

Didn't take pics today, but here they are on my old Rain City MTB, now
turned adventure tourer (and winter commuter.)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39151...@n07/4338979343/in/set-72157623375460150/

Alex Moll
Marysville, WA