I am doing some research for a friend who intends to build up either a
Quickbeam or Simpleone with a Rohloff 14 speed hub.  He and I recently
did a mini tour down to Half Moon Bay, from Berkeley, and we met a
couple from Switzerland.  They had ridden tens of thousands of miles
around the world on their Rohloff hubs and claimed not a single
maintenance problem, best sales pitch ever.  He was sold.

I am curious if anyone on this list has experience building up either
of these frames with a Rohloff, and if the spacing is practical?

http://www.rohloff.de/en/products/speedhub/index.html

Also, he is in the search for a Quickbeam or Simpleone in the 57-59 cm
range if there are any out there.

Cheers,
Adam