The Hillborne could do it all.

I've heard some negative things about the Bobike carrier...  no
protection, mounting challenges, knee and body interference.  Take a
look at the Topeak Babyseat II.  While big and kind of ugly, it looks
like an easy on/off solution that uses a rear rack and appears to
offer some protection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiawathacyclery/2384323028/

(Disclaimer: I have no first hand experience with child carriers (yet)
but have been researching options for the summer when my son is old
enough to ride along)